Monday, May 23, 2011

tornadoes and sentences

So on our way home from Kentucky last night, my Sister left me a message about the tornadoes in Joplin...  Since I lived in Joplin for almost 6 years, my heart immediately broke and I was full of terror that my loved ones were hurt or worse.  I couldn't get a hold of anyone, so Brandon and I started watching CNN and The Weather Channel.  I could hardly breathe as I looked at the devastation.  How could I not even recognize the place I lived?!?!  Utter devastation.  And fear.  Finally I got in contact with another great friend from college and she confirmed that most everyone we knew/were friends with was okay, but most of their homes are not.  Her Grandparents (whom we all affectionately referred to as "Nan & Pop") and her Mom all live about a mile from the Walmart that was destroyed and was in the direct path of the tornado, so I was immediately fearful for them.  She said that Nan had called her Mom shortly before the tornado hit and convinced her to come over to their house, about 2 blocks down the road.  Thank you Lord for that--Cassie's Mom's home is totally destroyed, but Nan & Pop's was spared.  They have some damage, but are able to stay in the house for now.  Other friends have extensive damage and some have almost none, but so far, we believe that no one we know is on 'the list'.  We will continue to pray for that conclusion, and for the families that weren't so lucky. 

All day, I've just felt kind of depressed and anxious watching the news, so I stopped watching it for fear I'd make my contractions worse.  I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions for a couple of weeks now (I'm 30 weeks along today) and I'm having a lot of them.  I don't remember having this many with Grayson, so please pray that I don't go into preterm labor with Jelly Bean.  I want him or her to bake until at least 38-40 weeks if at all possible.  Grayson came at 38 weeks on the dot, and he was a little guy at 6 lbs 2 oz, so I'd LOVE for this baby to at least hit the 7 lb mark. 

Speaking of Grayson--he said his second sentence today!  His first sentence was "I don't know" and he holds his little hands out just like an adult!  It's the cutest thing when you ask him something and he responds "I no no?!"  His sentence today was "I poo-pood!"  lol  And he was right.  FOUR times today.  I guess he's just getting caught up from the weekend.  He also slept 13 hours straight last night and had a 3.5 hour nap today... not that I'm complaining!  I guess meeting Cheryl's baby Grace, me having 2 photo shoots, going to a wedding and reception, going to church, out to lunch and seeing Brandon's family (all between Friday and last night) really wore him out!  Us too, by the way!

So, we're off to bed.  Good night everyone.  May God bless and protect you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment