Sunday, May 8, 2011

not such a good end...

Well, the weekend started off pretty great.  Yesterday we went to Indy and ordered Grayson's new dresser (his is being carted to the baby's room soon) and went out to eat at Famous Dave's.  Grayson was an angel the whole time and even tolerated us going to Babies' R Us and sort of registering for Jelly Bean.  (We don't plan to have a shower or anything, but we get a big discount on anything 'left' on the registry before the baby comes, so we're taking advantage of that and 'registering' for some things we'll need for Grayson and the Jelly Bean).  He napped the whole way home, so we went to The WonderLab Museum when we got home since it was still early.  Grayson had a blast playing for a couple of hours--I figured he deserved some fun after the morning of shopping. 

This morning we got up and Brandon made me breakfast.  He had also got me a very sweet card and a big flower helium balloon.  He opted for the balloon because he knows how much Grayson loves them and wanted me to be able to enjoy watching him play with it.  It worked.  Grayson LOVES balloons!  He was so cute running around with it.

We then went to church and all seemed fine.  Unfortunately, when Grayson woke up from his nap, he had a 103.5 temperature and was burning up.  He refused to eat or drink and just wanted to be held all afternoon.  I gave him some Tylenol, which brought the fever down all of 1 degree, and just let him lay on me.  We called the pediatrician, but they said unless his fever reaches 104.5 or he has it for 3 days, they don't need to see him.  :-/  Ya, that sounds crazy to me too.  We decided we'd re-evaluate in the morning because I'm a little afraid he has an ear infection since he's super sensitive on the left side and won't even let me take his temp on that side.  Hopefully I'm wrong.

On a lighter note, Jelly Bean got the hiccups last night around 3 a.m.  It's the first time I've felt them this time around!  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment