Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hungry for love

I know you all have been waiting patiently for us to post, so I figured I'd reward you today!  It's been a busy time here at the Gupton household, but we're slowly getting things unpacked and arranged.  It's amazing how much stuff a family can accumulate.

I recently heard a song on the radio that I've become quite fond of over the past few weeks and it's called "Lead me" by Sanctus Real.  It talks about leading your family to know and trust God, and to love God and people and not things.  I look around and see all of this stuff in our house, and that's just what it is--stuff.  I've realized as I've been sifting through all of it that not one thing in this house brings me as much joy as even changing Grayson's poopy diapers!  As stinky as he is sometimes, I love him with all that I am and would do anything for him.  The same goes for Brandon.  Without him, our family would not be whole.  I praise God for his willingness to love, lead and provide for our family--what a responsibility!  We will give it our all to raise Grayson in a loving, Godly family--to not leave him 'hungry for love'.  This house and everything there is in it is nice, but we make it a home... God makes it a home.  And we must never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment