Monday, May 24, 2010

my hungry boy

Grayson continues to amaze me...  today for breakfast, he ate all of his cereal and fruit (half-bowl) and almost all of a yobaby yogurt.  And he probably would have eaten all of the yogurt if I had let him.  (I know from previous experience that he will yak if I feed him all of it).  Then, for lunch, he ate an entire jar of mac&cheese and a half container of squash.  On top of that, he's already nursed 4 times today!  You'd think that he'd weigh 20 pounds by now, but I don't think he does.  He's still a skinny guy--he must have gotten Mama's metabolism! 

As for an update on his development:  Grayson can now wave like an adult (from the wrist instead of wiggling his fingers), and has been able to enunciate and babble really well (and loud!) for about a month now.  He can babble mamamama and dadadada but I'm not sure that he understands what they mean just yet.  He's still not crawling, but he can stand holding onto something.  I can't say that I'm unhappy that he can't crawl yet--because we can't baby-proof this apartment and we don't move for another month.  He can also hold a spoon, but can't quite get it to his mouth yet.  He can pick up food using the pincer grasp, but doesn't quite get that to his mouth just yet either.  He does put other things in his mouth, but I don't think he's quite grasped the idea that he can feed himself just yet.  I can't believe he'll be a 9-month-old in a few days.  *sigh*  My little man is growing up!  Brandon and I already think he's starting to look like a little boy.

Anyway, here's a few more videos for you to enjoy!

I used to be able to put him in the bouncer while I took a shower... now I just go stinky!!



Grayson and Daddy playing--Grayson trying to find the camera.... as soon as he sees it, he stops, so I'm trying to hide it!  Sorry for the sideways viewing!



I guess someone needs some new riding toys...  :o)



Grayson almost always wakes up happy and just talks to himself for a while...  turn up the volume and listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment