Sunday, May 9, 2010

My wonderful first Mother's Day!

Wow, what a great day!  Actually, a great weekend!  We went to church this morning for our last Sunday School class (*a little sad) and enjoyed getting to see everyone one last time.  It's been fun getting to know so many new couples.  It was a wonderful blessing to us and we learned a lot!  It has no doubt made our marriage stronger.

Yesterday we got our new washer & dryer ordered (woooooo-hoooooooo!!!) and last night just spent some time together as a family.  Grayson took a 3+ hour nap (woooooo-hoooooo!!! haha) and Brandon and I enjoyed our time together.  I was a little worried that Gray would not sleep well last night, but he did!  What a great Mother's Day blessing! 

Today we just enjoyed time together as a family and played with Grayson.  It's so fun to just lay and watch him play.  It's amazing to watch him learn right in front of you...  he can actually problem-solve and he's only 8 months old.  AMAZING.  God, you are amazing to create such a splendid work.  :o)  

So, in short, I have a beautiful husband and son, who allowed me to be a Mama!  We went out to dinner, we got a new washer & dryer, I got to go shopping, and Brandon brought me flowers and an adorable Hoops &  Yo-yo card, which is a long-standing tradition with us.  He even let Grayson scribble 'his name' in it, which made that card a keepsake for sure!  It just made me cry!  I love both of my boys very, very much.  I am a blessed Mama indeed.

Happy Mother's Day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment