Thursday, June 10, 2010

Yay! Daddy's home!

Brandon got home from his conference in Chicago last night, and boy was I glad!  Grayson has continued to teethe for the past 2 days and boy is he a beast!  Poor guy.  We missed VBX at church for the past 2 days and finally tried to venture back today.  Unfortunately, Grayson's temp skyrocketed during our time there and we ended up leaving a bit early.  I don't think the second one has popped through yet, but he won't let me close enough to see.  His temp was 102 when we got home and I gave him some medicine, nursed him and put him down for a nap.  He's woken up a couple of times since, but I got him to go back to sleep thankfully.  I'm just going to keep my eye on him for the rest of the afternoon--I hope his temp goes down soon.  Another friend's son is going through the same exact thing and she took him to the doctor hoping it was an ear infection--no such luck.  It's so crappy because you just hope they can give our boys something to help, but there isn't anything!  I don't think I'm ready for all of this tooth stuff!  Maybe we'll just get him some dentures and call it good!  ;o)

On a brighter note, we get to go meet the twin boys we're adopting tomorrow night!  We're set to go introduce Grayson to Emmett and Andy around 6 up near Monrovia, Indiana.  We passed our home inspection yesterday with flying colors and if all goes well, we'll bring them home some time near the end of July.  I remember the adoption process from Alex being like this too, but adopting a pet is like adopting a child!  We've already filled out a 4-page packet, had 2 phone interviews, and a home visit!  After the meet and greet tomorrow, we're good to bring them home!  The sweet boys have been in the rescue since their still-pregnant Mama was pulled from a high-kill shelter.  They were born in the rescue and have since been fostered in a home.  They were recently tested and accepted into a therapy dog program, so if they don't come home with us, that's where they'll go.  Hopefully, they get along with Grayson swimmingly and they'll become his boys. 

Well, I better make the most of my time while Grayson naps...  say a little prayer for him if you don't mind.  I hate seeing the little guy unhappy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment