Thursday, June 3, 2010

our crazy life

Wow.  So I'm going to be really happy once our life slows down a little!  Since I've written, Grayson turned 9 months and traveled back to Missouri for the first time.  He still isn't crawling and still doesn't have any teeth, but he's healthy as a horse, or so says Dr. Laughlin.  Grayson is still a wee-little-one; he is weighing in at a whopping 17 lbs (only the 10th percentile) and is about 28".  Dr. Laughlin said that he's just small for now and he expects him to eventually hit a growth spurt.  He's eating very, very well and just has a high metabolism!  Poor guy, he's just like his Mama!  Hopefully that will follow him into adulthood and he'll be able to eat whatever he wants.  He's doing very well and is on schedule developmentally.  He's learned to shake his head 'no', which makes for feeding him or giving him his vitamin tough sometimes!  He's also developed an ornery streak... he's got that really mischievous grin.  I can't wait for him to start crawling--he'll run me ragged!

We had a really nice visit with my family back in Missouri.  The drive there went really well--we drove through the evening into the night and got there in about 7.5 hours.  The drive home on the other hand, was long and a bit tougher.  It took us about 9 hours to get home, driving through the day.  I think we're all ready to start flying instead of making Grayson spend all that time in the carseat.  Oh, and speaking of carseats, Grayson got his new one!  He is now in his big boy convertible car seat.  After much research, I decided on the Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL.  It has a steel frame and is the safest on the market.  It's a whopping 22 lbs thanks to the steel too!  Grayson seems to like it much better than the old pumpkin seat.  He's staying a lot cooler in this seat too.

My family really enjoyed getting to see Gray.  We took him over to my brother-in-law's family's house too so that they could meet him for the first time.  He dazzled everyone, just like he always does.  He's a great boy.  :o)

Well, we close on the new home in the morning and then we'll be heading back to Kentucky for a baby shower, a wedding, and a photo shoot.  Then, we'll finally get to stay here for a weekend!!!!!  Yay!

Well, Grayson wants to leave you with some pics from the trip:

me & Grandma
me & Uncle Kevin
cousin Sadie
me & Daddy
me & Mama (Daddy took these!

me & Aunt Lala (I fell asleep on her!)

Good-bye everyone!  Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment