Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy Eight Months, Little Man!

Brandon and I can't believe it... our little boy turns 8 months today.  And we are both happy and sad--happy that he is such a blessing in our lives and that he's a healthy, happy boy, but sad that he's growing up so quickly.  It seems like yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital not knowing what the heck we were going to do with him when we got there!  Cuddling in the rocking chair, watching him take naps in my lap...  gone are those days.  Now I can barely even cradle him in that chair because he's too big!  He is a sweet, sweet boy though.  Just Sunday, he fell asleep in Brandon's arms at church and everyone was proclaiming how cute he was.

So, today I guess I'm feeling nostalgic.  I miss those days when he was a tiny, helpless baby and he loved to cuddle in my arms!  Now he's struggling to sit up and look around when I'm merely trying to feed him!  I'm sure very soon, he'll only want to sit with me when he's sick and otherwise will be running from me!

Oh, and here's the news on the house that we're hopefully buying!!  The sellers have accepted our inspection response, so we are good-to-go for a June 4th closing as far as we know!  We are set to move in the weekend of June 18--anyone wanna come help?!  hahah  Or, maybe just watch Grayson while we move everything?

Enjoy your day kids... mine has started at 6 a.m.  Oh, to be able to sleep like I used to!!

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't be happier for you all about Grayson being so awesome and about the house more than likely being a sure thing! Tyler and I MAY be able to come up and help you all move. I have no idea what to expect with this Montessori training coming up and I might very well be too deep in homework to get away for the weekends. We need to see you all soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Molly! Don't worry about helping us move--that's very kind of you to offer, but we don't want you all to come all this way just to work!! Just come up some weekend after we've moved and enjoy the new space with us!

    ReplyDelete