Tuesday, April 20, 2010

it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

Or at least this weekend it was!  Today it's in the 40's so we won't be venturing outside much!  Sunday was beautiful, so after church we decided to make it a good one as a family.  We went out to eat for lunch and then went for a loooong walk!  We went down through the other apartment complexes and then back to ours.  We both agreed that we are sooooo excited to get out of this neighborhood!  But, it was nice anyway.  When we returned from our walk, we drove over to Bruster's to get our free ice cream cones (we got free cards from our Sunday School class about a month ago and hadn't used them yet).  Grayson got to try a little orange sherbet for the first time too!  He made a funny face, but ate it!  When we got home, we just relaxed the rest of the evening and just played in the floor with our beautiful boy.  He's sitting up really well now and is starting to push up on his arms a lot better when he's on his belly, so I think crawling will probably come in the next month or so.  I don't know what I'm going to do then!!  I don't think I'm ready for that at all!

Yesterday we didn't do much, which was nice.  I did diaper laundry and some other housework and Grayson educated me on his new sleep schedule.  He's now waking up about 7:30 a.m. instead of 8:30-9 and taking 3 short naps instead of 2 long ones.  That makes getting out of the house a bit difficult (and writing in the blog!). 

I got to talk to a good friend from Joplin yesterday for a bit too, which was awesome!  She is expecting a baby girl in May and she looks so cute pregnant!  I can't believe how much our lives have changed in the past few years!  We're all married and having babies!  My, how the Lord has blessed us all!  So Jamie, if you're reading this, you were such a blessing to me yesterday!  I hope Cooper's birth goes swimmingly and I know she will be an amazing blessing to your life!!  I can't wait to meet her!

Well, I better go get a shower before my little man wakes up!  Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment