Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The good, the bad and the ugly.

Do you want the good news first or the bad?  I always like to end on a good note, so we'll go with the bad first.  Night before last (Monday night), Grayson woke up around midnight and he was burning up when I picked him up.  He's usually a warm little guy, but he was steaming.  I took his axillary temp and it was 101.5 (and some doctors recommend adding a full degree to the axillary temp to get an accurate temp).  SO, I was worried!  He'd had a cold for the past few days and his nose was super runny.  I gave him some baby Tylenol and sucked out his nose with the aspirator.  He fell back to sleep while I was searching for our better thermometer, so I decided to let him sleep.  I, on the other hand, barely got any sleep at all.  At 5 a.m., he was back up and his temp was back down to 99, and stayed that way all day yesterday.  He's been happy and playing still, so I thought the worst was behind us.

Well, he woke up at 6 a.m. this morning and seemed fine, so I thought we were okay.  We even scheduled a playdate with Alyssa and Carter for this afternoon since it's going to be beautiful out.  But, after his morning nap, Grayson woke up warm again and his axillary temp is back up to 101.  His nose is also so runny that he's having trouble nursing even after I suction him out.  I called Dr. Laughlin's office and they want to see him at 4 pm.  I'll update more tonite on that front.  So, we officially have a first:  first fever.  Boo.

And now, on to the good!!  Grayson can sit up on his own now!  He did it first yesterday for about 30 seconds, but of course the best I could get on video was a couple seconds.  I'm telling you, he's camera shy!!  We still haven't gotten him rolling over on camera and he's been doing that for months.  Anyway, I was pretty excited that he can sit on his own and he's super proud of himself too! 



Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment