Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Shopping Day

We put Grayson to bed around 7:30 p.m. last night and he woke up about 9:30 p.m. and wanted to be fed.  I had in mind that he wasn't going to sleep well, but boy was I wrong!  He then slept until 9:30 this morning!  12 hours STRAIGHT!  He is turning out to be quite the good little sleeper (**knock on wood**).  He didn't nap well, but I couldn't really blame him!

After his 45 minute morning nap, we decided to get all dolled up and head out shopping.  I picked up the 2 Toy Story movies from Target, using the awesome coupons I mentioned before.  To make the deal even sweeter, you also get 1 free adult movie pass with each movie to see Toy Story 3 when it comes out!!!!  So, Brandon, Grayson and I can see it for free (as long as it comes out before his 2nd birthday).  All in all, we got Toy Story 1 and Toy Story 2 on DVD and Blu-Ray, plus 2 movie passes all for $18 including tax!!!  At Walmart, ONE of those movies is $26!  We got a stellar deal.  From Target we rolled on down to Gymboree, where I purchased Grayson a cute little baseball cap to keep the sun out of his eyes and off his bald little head.  Anytime we go into the sun, he jerks away like he's melting!  Poor guy definitely has my super-light-sensitive blue eyes.  He looks really cute in the hat though.  

We also went over to Barefoot Kids, our local natural goods/cloth diaper store and picked up some laundry detergent.  We recently were educated on a new work-at-home-Mom made natural soap called Rockin' Green (http://rockingreensoap.com/).  It comes in tons of scents and even in a "Soft Rock" unscented version that we use for Grayson.  It was originally developed for diapers because it doesn't leave any residue (that causes the diapers to leak) but we've started using it on everything!  It leaves the clothes really clean and doesn't break Grayson's sensitive skin out.  It's fantastic!!  I picked up a scented version today to use on Brandon and I's clothes and it's called Grape Soda and it smells wonderful.  It comes in all kinds of wonderful scents like "Monkey Snacks", "Fresh Linen" and "Mango Sorbet".  I can't wait to try them all (if Gray's skin cooperates)!

Amazingly, we had 2 more firsts today:  he drank from a sippy cup for the first time AND he sat in a shopping cart for the first time..

He's sitting in the cart with his little cart caddy pad and holding on for dear life to his new brown & plaid hat.  He had a great time in the cart looking at all the new things and dazzling all the old ladies with his cute grin.  What a ladies' man!!

Tomorrow will be a busy day, so I don't know for sure that I'll get to post.  Alyssa, Carter, Grayson & I are traveling up to Indy to meet up with some friends for a play date.  The girl that makes some of our cloth diapering supplies lives up there, as do several other cloth diapering Mamas that we've met on the gDiapers Yahoo Group, so we're gonna have a cloth diapered bottoms play day.  I'm really excited!  Also, I am doing a photo shoot with a 3-week-old baby boy tomorrow night!!!  I'm even more excited about that!  I'll try to take some video and/or photos of our little ones playing tomorrow and post them on Thursday.  

Talk to you then!  Have a great tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment