Friday, February 12, 2010

the life & brain of a stay at home Mama

Today started off with a text conversation with my friend Alyssa that went something like this:

Alyssa:  "you want to have lunch at Panera after Roofcrashers today?"  (Roofcrashers is our Friday morning Bible Study that meets every week)

Lisa:  "what?  this isn't Friday is it?!!"

Alyssa:  "I think it is"

Lisa:  (after looking at the calendar on my phone, and noticing that it's 8:40 a.m.) "ooooh no.  I haven't even showered yet and Grayson just woke up!!!  We're gonna be late!"

Alyssa:  "we'll save you a seat!"

Aww, isn't she sweet?  I apparently wouldn't even know what day it is without her!  I guess all of the hoopla surrounding my mastitis really messed up my since of time!  That, and just staying at home a lot because of the weather really makes the days run together!  Thanks to her well-timed text, we were only 15 minutes late and I really enjoyed my Bible Study this morning, even if I did look terribly unkempt.  The ladies in the childcare really love Grayson too!  And, melt my heart, Carter (Alyssa's 14-month-old) actually reached for me when I came to pick up Grayson!  :o)  smiles.

Grayson got to "eat out" for the first time today!  I brought some applesauce for him to eat if he got hungry while we were out and he ate the entire container after polishing off a 9 ounce bottle!!!  That's right--NINE.  I thought for sure he was going to throw up on me since Carter doesn't even drink that much and he's 8 months older than Gray!  The little pig didn't even spit up!  I think he's growing again because he's eating like crazy.  He also slept through the night again last night---13 hours straight!  I wish I could sleep that long!

I made some more home made baby food today--enough to last the rest of the month.  I made sweet potatoes, peas (which look like Kryptonite--hope it doesn't do a number on our Superbaby!) and pears.  He's already eating carrots, acorn squash, applesauce, baby oatmeal, and bananas.  I can't wait to see how much he weighs at our next checkup! 

Well, I'm going to try and get some sleep.  Thank you all for reading our blog and caring about our family.  We love and appreciate you!!  :o)

ps--Uncle Doug, I give Grayson a hug 'from you' every night because you're so sweet...  thanks for being you.  :o)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you made it to Roofcrashers...even though my kid would have been just as happy had you claimed him as your own :) Or maybe he just thought you were me since Brian calls us twins, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I think he knows that you're his Mama and he just knows that I'm around!! I'm absolutely positive that Grayson will do the same thing one of these days!

    ReplyDelete